Life and it's suprises

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A little bit of politics

I have the pleasure of knowing some really great people...two of which are my Aunt Karen and Jack...now I am the first to admit Jack is a handful...he likes to get what he wants, and isn't the best to be around when he is throwing one of his temper tantrums...and is especially hard to deal with when he is tearing things of mine apart in my room...but I wouldn't give him up for the world...he has such a loving heart and he is always ready to give you a big hug and kiss when you least expect it....Karen in comparrisson to Jack is a piece of cake...but she can be a brat when she wants to be too...but if someone ever asked me if I wished my life were different I would say no everytime...some people think that people who are mentally retarded like Jack and Karen don't have the quality of life that the rest of us....and they would be right...but not in the sence that they might think...I think their qualitiy of life is much better than my own....I know atleast with Karen her faith and attitude towards life is so innocent and sweet...something that I think all of us only wish that we could have....she trully have faith like a child...I know it must be frustrating to not be able to do the same things as other people...I think it would drive me crazy....and I know Karen gets frustrated sometimes when she can't do some of the same things that I can do, but on most days...she is just happy....she really lives in the moment and doesn't let life pass he by...so many of us take life for granted and let things pass us by every day...having Karen and Jack have taught me more about life than I think anyone else I know...except maybe my parents...
so the next time you see someone who is mentally retarted don't stand to the side and look at them like..they are so gross they don't even need to be alive they have no purpose...don't ignore them and pretend they are not their...go against the flow and talk to them...I have never met anyone who was mentally retarted who has ever been mean to me...or didn't like me because of the way I look or dress...I think they are much less judgemental than the smartest most well to do person in the world...in the end I think they are the rich ones...and I feel privilaged to live with someone as special as Karen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home